Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ANNOUNCEMENT: CHANGE TO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Change to submission guidelines... In order to expedite my review and reply to queries in a more timely fashion, starting today please submit your queries with the first five pages of your novel only. Send all queries by e-mail only to marisa@lperkinsagency.com. Please make sure that your format is not difficult to read or hard on the eyes. I don't mind attachments. Just don't send me viruses. If you do, you will be automatically declined. ;)

Upon review you may be asked for a full synopsis (electronically) or your complete manuscript (hard copy mailed to my NYC office). Please only submit your best and most carefully edited work. Do not pitch or submit unfinished manuscripts. As much as I love helping authors, I just don't have the time to stop reading to edit the work.

Also, please note that if you have sent a query, you DO NOT need to resubmit anything to satisfy these new guidelines. I am quite behind on my query review and response time. For this, I apologize to you all. I know that the waiting can be torture! But know that I answer every single query, which is probably part of why I'm so behind (other than the volume). If you have not heard from me, it simply means that I did not get to yours yet. When I do, you will get a response.

I have recently discovered that my spam box was accumulating some queries. I don't know how they were filtered in there, but I have some queries in there from as far back as February 26! These will be given priority and will be answered as soon as possible. After those, solicited manuscripts get second priority. All queries will be answered, and all will get the same careful attention and consideration.

I appreciate everyone's patience and hope to get caught up as soon as possible. Please note that the average review time is 6 to 8 weeks. So please don't send me follow up inquiries before that, if you must send them at all. Thanks!

~Marisa

Marisa A. Corvisiero, esq.
Literary Agent

www.lperkinsagency.com

No comments:

Post a Comment