Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Guest Post: Best Selling Author Erin Noelle

Welcome to the PEARLS OF WISDOM Author Tour! 

Our guest today is my client Erin Noelle, USA Today and Amazon Best Selling Author of METAMORPHOSIS, Book one in the Book Boyfriend Series. Within this post, Erin is sharing with us the importance of music in the writing process and how it enhances the writing and the reading experience. 
Erin's Post:

Music is a vital part of both my reading and writing experiences. Like many current day romance readers, the Fifty Shades trilogy revitalized my love for reading just last year. As I was searching the internet after completing the series, I came across the suggested playlist on E L James’ website and thought it was an interesting idea. So I did what most women who are in the middle of a Christian Grey hangover do ~ I reread the books, but this time with the music.
I was completely blown away by how the music enhanced the story. The entire experience was so much more intense, the words on the page and the music in my ear complimented one another perfectly and melded into an effortless harmony in my head. It was awe-inspiring. Ever since then, I always search authors’ pages or look in the front or back of the books I am about to read for the playlist. Playlists for books are like soundtracks to movies for me ~ I feel like something’s missing if I don’t have one.

When I began working on Metamorphosis, I started listening to a few songs that I felt fit the storyline while in my writing sessions. I found that the music had a similar effect on me as when reading, but this time on the other side of the words. Often, I would come across a song and it was if the lyrics were written specifically for my story and my characters! It gave everything  a new depth and really helped me in putting myself in the shoes of the character.

Now, as I am writing Ambrosia, I already have a working playlist of over thirty five songs. Sometimes I have a scene in mind and I search out the perfect song for it. It’s amazing what you can find via Google  ~ I have searched “songs about unrequited love,” “songs about unexpected death,” “songs about loving two people at once…” and the results are typically very helpful. 

I will jot down several of the recommendations and look them up on iTunes to see if they have the vibe that I am looking for. Other times, I will randomly hear a song and a scene comes to me based around the song. This happened for me at the end of Metamorphosis. I had planned for the book to end one way, but after hearing Apologies by Grace Potter, the story pretty much just rewrote itself. I can’t wait to see where the songs that I already have and the ones I’ve yet to discover take me in Ambrosia.  

METAMORPHOSIS:

This story is about Scarlett, a young woman, who is determined to make up for all of the experiences she has missed out on growing up with overprotective parent, especially experience with boys. With the help of Evie, her best friend and now college roommate, she sets out to remedy her virginity and find "book boyfriends". She quickly meets Ashton, Dylan, and later, Mason, each one gorgeous and sexy in their own right, and is thrown into a crash course of like, love, and lust. Through her journey she learns that in life some things feel much more intense and wonderful than she had imagined, that chasing fairy tales may lead to a trail of broken hearts, and that sometimes you can find true love if you don't lose yourself when life gets in the way. 
Metamorphosis is the story of Scarlett's transformation from a young, naive girl to a strong, mature young woman and her search for self-discovery and true love. It will make you wonder with intrigue, lust passionately, dream of true love, and tear your heart to pieces... In the end, it will leave you with a smile on your face and eager for more. 

The Author:

Erin Noelle is a Texas native, where she lives with her husband and two young daughters. While earning her degree in History, she rediscovered her love for reading that was first instilled by her grandmother when she was a young child. A lover of happily-ever afters, both historical and current, Erin is an avid reader of all romance novels. She is currently working on AMBROSIA, book two in the Book Boyfriend Series. 

Lets give Erin a warm thank you for sharing her pearls of wisdom with us. I couldn't agree more with her outlook on music! For more about Erin, her books and for special reveals and Exclusive POV excerpts go to her Facebook page and blog. 

Happy writing and listening!
~Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment